View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #72
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Edgestar 28 just $99 in scratch & dent!

OK an update on my experience. I found enough issues with mine after further investigations I wrote and email complaining, to give a full picture here is the email I sent them Sat. night.

To whom it may concern:

I first would like to say several days ago I was made aware that you had your 28 bottle Edgestar Wine cooler for sale for $99 on compactappliance.com. I ordered it immediately. Since then I told 4 of my buddies about this new prized possession that I was very excited to receive. On the site I did take notice of the over zealous disclaimer about dents on all panels of the product but was assured it worked properly. I was glad that it did work appropriately, I also was relieved that it was not dented all that bad.

I did notice that the cooler was very poorly packaged which caused concerns at first but upon first glance once I got it out of the box it looked fine. Then I noticed that the handle for the door is missing altogether. Well that was not part of the plan, I should have all parts. Then I noticed the inside was scratched up a great deal on the bottom of the wine cooler, I assumed I would just cover that with a chilling rack that I have. The back panel, has a major dent so I thought I could remove it then I realized that was covering the thermoelectric unit and wiring, but I also noticed that this was not the original wiring. I found this frustrating because I ordered a scratched and dented unit not a refurbished unit. The last straw was when I saw that the wine cooler was not setting level so I tipped up one side to adjust the legs on the bottom, that's when I noticed it's missing one of it's legs.

Listen owning a small business selling environmental products, we often discount products when damaged. However, at this time I have a product that was packaged completely improperly, missing major parts, appears to be refurbished and poorly done so. At this time I would like to offer a solution that is fair for your company and me so that we may keep a positive relationship. First I would be willing to take another unit sent to me that is scratched and/or dented not refurbished and is packaged adequately. Or I would also accept my 99.00 payment going toward a deeply discounted new unit if a scratched and dented unit is not available. Please let me know immediately which one of these options would work best for your company.
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote