View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Coffee & Cigar Pairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by farily View Post
The flavors in a good cup of coffee are highly complementary to cigars. Vanilla, mocha, chocolate, and roasted notes, as well as nuttiness and earth, can all be found in both cigars and coffee. In fact, tasting wheels used for coffee tasting would help any cigar smoker identify flavors in his tasty tobacco treat.
But much like bad cigars, people too often think of coffee as bad coffee, akin to the sludge at your workplace. But doing so would be like thinking that all cigars are like Phillies. I fear that, despite the billions of cups of coffee Americans drink every year, many people have never had a really good brew.
Read more: http://blogcritics.org/tastes/articl...#ixzz0r5rCnuma

The coffee at my office if horrible...HORRIBLE!! I couldn't imagine anything tasting good with a cup of that schwill. My personal opinion is that if you're spending good money on your smoke, why not spend good money on a decent cup of coffee to pair with it.