Thread: The Punisher
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default The Punisher

First let me start with a disclaimer for those that think Jalapenos are hot stay away, stay far away! Seriously this cigar should rank right up there with any strong full bodied smoke. Tolerating the first 5 minutes is the toughest part due to the spices on the wrapper. I couldn't place the pepper deffinateley not jalapeno.

Appearance and texture: Dark smooth wrapper not oily but not dry, firm feel and solid to the cutter. Smooth even white ash that matches the strength of the cigar.

First third: flavor explosion of spice, pepper lots of it not just the wrapper and not just hot there are essences of sweet peppers as well light spices such as cinnamon maybe couldn't quite place it.

Heart: the middle third mellowed considerably and the leather and earthy flavors start to come out allowing your palate to calm down and enjoy the smooth thick creamy smoke and the aroma.

Finish: The flavors finally start to blend and all hit at the same time the earth and leather got stronger and was met with the spices in a very well balanced combination allowing me to justify to myself the initial power of the spices.

My final word: This cigar is a brute at the beginning kinda like your first experience with Jalapeno peppers that to the end tastes more like a spicy relish. Good with a kick! I am unsure if aging this one would help too much since I am concerned the pepper would over power the whole thing.

rating 86
dijit is offline   Reply With Quote