Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Wineador Build Thread

Alright gentlemen, the fridge arrived yesterday morning. I opened up the package, and there was absolutely no plastic smell (I was shocked, I made my girlfriend come sniff the inside of it too!)

So, we went straight to work. Since I don't have the scratch together to order Forrests drawers yet, I decided to rig up some wooden boxes I had laying around the house. You can find the same kind at Michaels, though I can't remember what I paid for them.

I also added some spanish cedar in different locations, just pieces I had laying around the house. I let the drawers sit in there over night, with the oasis and a bowl of water, and we have been rock steady at 67% and 67*. Mind you, I took these pictures after doing a little touch up work inside, so the humistats are just a little bit off.

I did NOT plug the drain hole, because I use the oasis, I thought it would possibly help take away a little of the extra humidity, and thus far it has.

I have a total of three humistats, one at the bottom, one in the middle you can see through the door, and I have the transmitter for one in the top drawer. The unit is on my speaker on my desk, so I can monitor the temp and humidity when laying in bed.

As the pictures depict, I used zipties to fasten the boxes to the wine racks, that was the fastest and easiest method I could come up with, and it's completely reversible should I decide to change something. They're unnoticeable when looking at the wineador, and when looking inside.

I like the way it looks at the moment, I am sure it will look a thousand times nicer once I get some drawers in it, but for the mean time, I am satisfied.

Now, I am just debating on getting handles for the front of the drawers. But, in the mean time here are a few pictures to show you how this all came along. **Please excuse the dirty carpet, we're getting them cleaned in a few weeks**