Thread: Sushi
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #54
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sushi

St Lou Stu, i will agree with LasciviousXXX about trying sushi first a a GOOD local restauraunt first. unless you are an adventurous type eater. I grew up eating a lot of different foods thanks to my dad.

you mentioned that you like tuna, how do you usually eat, i like the seared on the outside raw inside. if you are the same way try tuna first. try some the cooked stuff first, like uni.

i went to japan about 5 years ago, as far as dinning experiance goes, basically i ordered by pictures. not to bad, but then again i eat most anything.

best thing i had there was the mini soup and noodle places by the train stations. every thing was fresh cooked right in front of you. and even paying for it was a kick, vending machine style. pop in 50 - 100 yen (about $5 or $10) push a button and out comes a ticket, give it to the cook and they just whip it up right in front of you. best part is the bowls are pretty big, i'm a big boy and i got nice and filled up by these simple meals even walking around all day.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote