View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #7
Mikes
Post Whore

Trading: (0)
Mikes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How accurate are the Set & Forget systems?

Had my unit since 00 and only had one issue. There was a run of these that included my batch # where the transistors would fail over time causing the unit to read low thus overhumidifying the cabinets. I caught this when I noticed the sticks in my singles drawer not burning. I called Bob up and we figured my unit was in this bad build batch. He paid for shipping back to him and sent me a loaner unit while mine was being fixed. Never had a problem since. Keeps my walk-in at +/- 2% of what i set the humidity to, which in my case is 63% so it will buffer up to 65%.

Bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Bob's unit is in a whole different league than beads, moist and air,hydra, etc.....

EDIT**********

Btw I believe these units (Bob's) are professionally calibrated in a lab thus if you have other 'salt tested' hydros in the same humidor I would expect that there will be different readings. Which one I would trust would be simple......The one that was professionally calibrated in a lab and not at home by a salt test. Your view may of course be different than mine ;o)

Last edited by Mikes; 02-17-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: salt test
Mikes is offline   Reply With Quote