View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough
Default A very thoughtful gesture

Ever have a moment when someone does something simple and nice that it makes you belive there are good people left in the world? Today, I was taking my family and in-laws to a local General store here in Georgia for some fresh kettle corn. My father in law went up to the counter to buy his couple bags of kettle corn and a post card.
George (F.I.L.) was wearing his Korean war vet hat. The clerk behind the counter asked him if he was really in the Korean war. George said yes and told him when he was in, and how he got drafted and where he was at when the cease fire was. He get's a kick out of telling his stories.
Anyway, George grabbed his wallet to pay for his stuff and the clerk told him to put his wallet away and his money was no good here. He bagged up his stuff and handed it to him and thanked him for his service.
It was a nice gesture that really made my father in laws day. Sometimes something small can mean a ton to someone.