View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #3639
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Photography Thread

Sounds tempting, Brad! I'd have to brush up on my manual setting skills for exposure, unless I could still find an old fashioned hand held light meter somewhere. I always set the ISO at a determined number when I shoot rather than auto ISO, so that shouldn't be a problem. I notice that my older 210 mm does tend to always get set for a much too wide F-stop when I use it, so I just use aperture priority and boost the ISO a bit to get decent shutter speeds with low or no noise. Of course, I was looking at a Tamron that can go to 500mm, but for about 500 bucks (I think, I don't recall) that's still a big chunk of change. I'll let you know; I'm headed to GA next week for some much deserved vacation time. Jekyll Island, Savannah, and maybe Charleston if I feel like the 6 plus hour round trip.