View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #31
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boycotting the NFL in 2012

Brad, I thought the Saints penalties were crazy severe, as well.
I think the one thing you're missing, or didn't really get here, is that it's not that "there were warnings".
They were caught by the NFL and told to cut the sh1t out.
They ignored it.
Then, in a time while the league was under microscopic scrutiny and loaded down with concussion-related lawsuits, this came to light again.
You can bet your bottom dollar the lawsuits played a large part in the severity of the penalties. The Saints earned those penalties for being flat stupid, putting the league in jeopardy, and being stupid.

If this all comes to light 10 years ago, it means nothing. I'll argue all day long that it's a part of football, at least to a point. You don't go out and Theismann a guy just because you can, but if you're not exploiting injury to win a game, you ain't trying.

As much as I disagree with the severity of the penalties, and as much as I think they're a sham, I think you and I can agree that the Saints earned a penalty for being stupid. That stuff belongs in the locker room, not on national tv.
THEY forced Goodell's hand. Proof? He didn't do dick to them the FIRST time they were caught. They backed him right into a corner this time, and he had to be severe to show that "The NFL takes a blah, blah stance, player safety blah" because that's what is going to minimize the checks the NFL has to write for all the concussion and player safety lawsuits they are currently fighting.

Don't blame the NFL, even if they are corporate hogs. The Saints brought this one on themselves, lock, stock and barrel.
If you need any more proof that the Saints are stupid, Drew Brees does not have a contract. He hasn't signed signed the franchise tender. Right now, the Saints don't have Drew Brees. Now THAT'S stupid. If I were Brees, and that's what that club thought of me, I'd be on vacation with you this season.