View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #877
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
This pipe forum has got me very interested in starting smoking pipes. I have been lurking on this side of the forum here for a couple weeks now, picking up info here and there. It has been valuable advice so far and has led me to want to buy a corn cob pipe to start with. My question is does one type of stem (not sure if that's the correct term), whether it's bent or straight make a difference in the taste, draw, or burn? Thanks in advance.
If you buy a cob, take out the filter, it is useless and does nothing but get soggy and clogged up. Essentially, there is not much difference between straight and bent, I enjoy both. However, if anything, a bent will collect condensation and cause a gurgle more easily than a straight. Cobs are great smokers to try pipe smoking.