View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Famous Nic selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
In the cheap Nicaraguan category, I’d prefer to go over to Cfbdi and get a Fallen Angel, Cubao, or the Nica Libre Potencia or Aganorsa
+1 on the Fallen Angel, those are really nice smokes. Furthermore I can't really speak to the Famous Nicaraguan line, as I've never tried them.

But if I were in a financial bind, I'd probably consider more budget friendly lines by companies I already knew I liked. They aren't as cheap as the Famous line, but have you tried the El Cobre by Oliva? Damn fine cigar, full bodied spicy Nicaraguan profile, comes in bundles of 25 for approximately $80...could probably be found on bidding sites for even less but I haven't looked.

All that said, in the past, I have been tempted to buy the most affordable cigar but then I find that inevitably I end up being able to buy better cigars and then the cheap cigars never get smoked and just take up space. (Unless those cigars are like the Fallen Angel or El Cobre which are still excellent cigars and just so happen to be much more affordable.) just my
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote