Thread: RH Question
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #47
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: RH Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Lucky_13 View Post
Tyler KL works almost as well as beads for a fraction of the cost. In fact people who have problems with beads not maintaining RH normally switch over to KL. Now beads are not the same as KL because KL is originally designed to be disposable and beads are not. As far as adjusting RH with KL if its too low spray(with a spray bottle) with more distilled. If RH to high add more KL. When I first heard about KL I thought it was a joke or practical joke. Once you try it spending $30.00 more per pound for nearly same effect sounds crazy. There is a draw back to KL tho. You typically need twice the amount of KL than you would use in beads. If you dont have that much room time to invest in another cooler and you wouldn't need to invest in more beads. I dont know why some hate the idea of KL as much as they do.
In general "we", including myself, hate KL because it's probably not the best idea to go cheap on controlling the humidity of thousands of dollars worth of cigars. Everyone doesn't have a problem spending hundreds and hundreds or even thousands and thousands of dollars on cigars but when it comes down to maintaining them and you need like $60-$90 bucks worth of beads for 1,000 or so cigars.....why go cheap now?

1,000 cigars cost what at least $2,500. So for every $2,500 you spend you need like $60 bucks worth of beads. This seems perfectly reasonable to everyone except a few that use KL.

I've never heard anyone switching from beads to kitty liter.

Also I don't want my cat to get any ideas when I open my coolidor.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote