Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking for a cigar not made anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
George..... Man, you missed me by four days!! Oliva sold their stock unbanded to Famous to avoid the "X" issue with AF. Famous put them up as the 3000's, and once it was found that these were the X's, they went fairly fast. I grabbed two boxes while others were grabbing half a dozen or more. Wish I had grabbed a dozen. They aged very, very well. I gave away a box in ones and twos over the last 5-6 years, and smoked the last one I had 4 days ago. It was still a great cigar, but had mellowed out significantly. I have half a dozen of the third or forth release of the 3000's (what ever the release was that first had bands on the sticks). There were NOT the originals, but reported to be the same blend (who really knows). PM me your addy, and I'll send you a couple of those and you can have them to compare to what you order from Famous (understanding that the ones I send will have 4-5?? year aging on them).
Here is a record of that last stick's demise:

Pre-light:

Let's get started:

Yep, it was good to the last drop: