View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got an Otterbox for the iPad...

Where the heck do you get that kind of service anymore? I can't hardly believe they're replacing it, I gotta admit I'm a bit shocked. Congratulations!!!
The baby should be able to drop it all day long with the Defender on it. The only way I can see that it'd break is if it got plunked screen-down on a hard sippy cup or something. I think you can even walk on it without worrying, although I'm sure they're not for walking on.
The new screens are supposed to be nearly unbreakable, depending how they are bent. You guys figured out a way to get it done. lol.
Let us know what you think of the new cover, will ya? If it's bulky and rubber-sticky like mine, it should really help a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Well Scott,
Kinda late, but I'm going to take you advice.
I ordered an Otterbox defender for the iPad (should arrive tomorrow) and preordered one for our new iPad 2.
Last night my 2yr old dropped the new iPad 2 (got it on Monday) and the screen cracked. It's a light crack near the camera but the cracks stretch along the top 1/3. I had a smart cover on it, but that provides no protection.
I took it to Apple to try to get the screen replaced and they are going to replace the entire iPad for free. They had to order one and said it would take 3-5 days. I was pretty sad, but the Apple guys are great! I can't think of another store that would have done that for me.

Bad pic, but you get the idea: