Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #33
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Homemade Wine, Brandy, Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
I am not a BATF agent but I believe distillation for private use is legal. Distillation for sale without being taxed and permitted is illegal.
I have not wiki-ed this yet to be absolutely certain.
Definitely 100% illegal. Trust me, I've looked into this at length. And I've been doing my part to educate people ever since. You'd be surprised how many people think moonshine is fine and dandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpold View Post
for all you Americans... http://pearsonswine.com/index.php?na...ticle&sid=1214 barrel, kit and spirit to age are available from this site!
I haven't tried Wasmund's stuff, but I've heard a bit about it. A few years ago I was passing though Fredericksburg and stopped at 'Copper Fox' distillery. From what I gather, it seems like Wasmund used to have something to do with that distillery, there was an internal fight, and Wasmund and that distillery parted ways. The 'Copper Fox' I have in my bar is now known as 'Kopper Kettle', and Wasmund seemingly owns the Copper Fox name, though he doesn't use it. I've been meaning to visit his place, but haven't had the time yet.
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote