View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #44
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

4 each of Big Boy, Better Boy and Rutger's Tomatoes planted. Looking for Roma plants. Not sure about peppers this year, lots left in the freezer from last year. A double row of Rattlesnake green beans. half a dozen rows of butterpeas. Two short rows of Okra (yes, it's really too early, but they will grow anyway). Eight rows of sweet corn. Two mounds each of straight-neck squash, zucchini and cucumbers (for pickling). Five long rows of purple-hull peas. Four rows of new potatoes, three rows of sweet Texas yellow onions. I have enough space left for the Roma tomatoes, half a dozen pepper plants if I change my mind, and sweet potatoes. I found some romaine lettuce seeds I didn't know I had, so I've planted twelve starter pods, will see what comes up, and if they will have time to mature before it gets too hot. Pictures would be pretty useless right now, just a big plowed patch is all it looks like! I did notice today that the new potatoes are starting to peak above the dirt!

Does the two blueberry plants I planted today qualify?

I'm strongly considering this fall making a raised bed area for asparagus, plus a raised bed for a herb garden. I've had a herb garden in the past, but the oregano eventually took everything over, and I had to kill it all off.