l
Ligero
l
Viso
l
Seco
l
Volado

However, in Cuba I believe they only use the "proper" terms for Ligero, Viso and Seco. Corona and Volado are, generally disregarded.

I've heard Jonathan Drew, in interviews, talk about Ligeron. Which, he describes as a stronger leaf than the Ligero, maybe that's actually the Corona?
The name of the priming can change depending on the country. In Cuba & the DR, the middle primings are "seco" in Nicaragua and Honduras, those same primings are "viso". Cuban/DR volado (bottom primings) = Central American "Seco". It tends to make things a bit confusing.

Corona just means the crown/top of the plant.

Ligeron is a super strong ligero top priming. It's a sorting classification that that JdN started doing some years back. Not all pants will yield what they consider ligeron, only something like 10-15% of the ligero can be classified as ligeron. It's fun stuff, I stuck my face into a hand of it down at the JdN factory and I had a contact buzz for the next 10-15 minutes. Mario Perez thought I was nuts when I went back for seconds. And a full leaf of it in a cigar blend will probably burn all the hairs out of your nose.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote