View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #19
Sean9689
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Sean9689 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone into beer like they are cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODLS1 View Post
Very nice collection. I have recently started a collection. Black Ops, Life and Limb, Vertical Epics 06-09, etc.

I'm a beer guy getting in to cigars. I don't buy too much commercial beer, as I am into homebrewing quite a bit. I brew a lot. I love it.
Very nice! Yeah, cigars are lots of fun too but I'm always moving from one thing to the next. There's too many cigar guys up here in Chicago not to continue smoking....especially with the weather getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Just recently got back into beer Sean, and started cellaring some stuff. Nothing all that special, but I did find two bottles of Angel's Share that went into the cellar.

Looks like you've got some angel share yourself on the top shelf, along with some mirror mirror, and black butte porter, maybe some Stone RIS on the second shelf? And do I see a bottle of kate the great?

I'm lucky because my favorite beers are big beers like RIS, barleywines, etc, and those are the things that age best. I can just grab a case of something good, throw it in the cellar, always have it on hand and not have to worry about it losing freshness.
Very cool! Yeah, I have several different vintages of Angel's Share. You have a good eye! I almost have a vertical of Kate the Great (I have 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010) and have multiples of the 2010. It's an awesome RIS!

Yeah, all the hoppy stuff gets drank ASAP and all of the stuff in my cellar is stouts, barleywines, wild ales, lambics, guezes, etc. Beer is so much fun because theirs always a new release coming out that's hard to get. It seems that the US craft brewers are in a "boom".

Cigars, beer, and wine...too many ways to spend my money!
Sean9689 is offline   Reply With Quote