F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: The legal age of a cigar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
I have a question about how long to age a cigar? Is there a such thing as to long?

Most of my collection is fairly new. I only have three cigars that I have been aging for more than a year. I understand the rule of 3s and I always let my new one rest for the proper amount of time.

The three cigars that I have been aging for a while were all gifts to me and previously aged.

OpusX XXX - 4 years prior 3 under my care
Casa Fuente - 2 years prior 3 under my care
OpusX Fuente Fuente - 1 year prior 2 under my care.

First off, should I continue to let these three age or is there a proper time to smoke them?

Second is there another general rule for most other cigars other than the rule of 3s?

Thanks,
Adam
In all seriousness, the so-called "Rule of 3's" was "invented" (I use that term loosely!) by a Cigar Newbie based on no knowledge. There is no rule of 3's.

Age cigars as long as you like. Some cigars age better than others. For example, Padron says NOT to age their cigars because they are not meant to be aged.

The only way to know if aging is helping is to try the cigars...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote