View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Peyton's understanding of defenses and offense, and his ability to see things and call the perfect play time and again does give him an edge. The way he leads his team, another edge.
His personality, another edge.
I agree with you, but I've long thought that if a guy can make the transition, he's one that can. I think he'd make a better fit as a head coach than an offensive or quarterback coach. Quarterback coach being the least likely.
He's got enough experience in running a good part of that club, and his close ties with ownership and upper management really give him a leg up if anyone has one.
I have no idea if it's something he even wants to do, it's just a sneaking suspicion. I can see him in that role, I guess. I'd far rather see him in the booth. This season. But that's just cause I'm selfish.
Samurai Mike says hi. Also, I think it'd get incredibly old incredibly fast of him blaming everyone else for when things go wrong (although admittedly he'd gotten better at this the past couple of seasons).
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote