View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
covetry

Default Re: Padron 1926 Series No. 9 Natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I would agree on flavor that it is one of the best cigars out there (for my flavor profile, at least), but I would have to strongly disagree on the construction. I open four to five boxes of these a week at my job and the Padrón Anniversary series (as far as construction goes) has suffered immensely from overproduction. A couple of years ago (before the #1 cigar stuff came out) you would open a box of 26's or 64's and nearly every stick would be flawless because of very strict quality control. These days about half the sticks have wrapper bubbles or cap issues. Don't get me wrong - I love Padrón, but I wish they would tighten their quality control back up. It is often that customers comment on the shoddy construction. I wish it was just one box, but I have opened something along the lines of a hundred boxes of these smokes this year, and they all have the same problem.

You may be right on QC. I am not well-funded enough to buy boxes of their cigars. I usually buy 5-6 of each of my favorite vitolas at a time. I've never noticed it, but that doesn't mean anything.

Thanks for the insight.