Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Balvenie - A Match Made in Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
I had some Balvenie Doublewood this past weekend when I was visiting relatives in NC. Very good stuff. I liked the fruit/sweet undertones.

While there we went to another friends house for dinner. He is a liquor salesman, and had a nice spread of booze. My uncle told me "He's a liquor salesman, don't drink beer there." When our host saw me pouring a second Doublewood, he said to wait a minute, went to a closet, and pulled out another bottle..........of Balvenie 30 Year.

Wow. Awesome whisky.

Next day he showed up at my relatives house with a gift for me. My very own bottle of Balvenie 30 Year. Sealed, in the box, my very own. I'm torn. Part of me says keep it, since I'll never own another bottle so expensive. On the other hand, I don't drink a lot of scotch, and am happy with a nice 12 year old so I may donate it for an auction at the school for handicapped kids that my son goes to.

The bottle is being shipped to me since I couldn't carry it on the plane and I didn't want to check it. I'll have a hard decision to make noce I get it.
Great story - and either solution is an enjoyable one
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote