View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Perdomo Champagne Figurado - Cream-daddy!

Vitals:

Make: Perdomo
Model: Champagne F
Size: Figurado 4.75 x 44
Cost: 4 bucks (but, gifted)
Drink: None
Time: 40 minutes

Backstory:

I was at our (new) weekly Columbus herf and Stinkie and i were talking about creamy CT type cigars. I am not a light wrapper kind of guy but he sold me on the cigar. So, at the end of the night he goes "Here Bob, take this and enjoy it"... I was utterly speechless at his mind heart!

So i decided to let it rest for a week before digging in.

Examining the figure-ado:
I noticed that when i took it out of the golden wrapper that the exterior of the cigar was flawless. The construction of the form was perfect. No large veins. The cap was perfectly fitted.

The unlit draw was pleasant and almost sweet... like a cup of coffee with a little sugar in it.

Theres something to be said for CT wrappered cigars. This one in particular looked so soft and delicate. It looks so puffy and supple.

BTW, heres the foot and such.

First light:
Well, i dug right in. The cigar exhibited such a creamy and somewhat complex (like some CC's i've had) flavor that (in the long run) changed flavor on me twice during the course of the cigar... but back to the starting gates:

There was no sour taste in the beginning as i have had in other cigars before. A perfect start. BTW, writing this review is also a treat as the aftertase is that of a nice cup of columbian blend coffee.

Inching forward:
The cigar starts to really cream out. There's such a pleasant undertone left o nthe roof of my mouth. Thinking about that wonderful light taste is making my mouth water right now!