View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2018 Leche de Mama Original

Having never had one of these, I got pummeled, and got one of these from both Michael & Bob...

So, having smoked one, here is an initial review - I do my reviews in the SMOKE magazine format.

Leche de Mama
This was one of the cigars in Chainsaw13’s fulfillment of my NC-MAW. Having only one of these, I do not believe it is fair to give a “score”, so I will just pass along my notes.

1) Aesthetics: The band on this bad boy (girl?) is interesting to say the least. But, the cigar itself was also eye candy. It has a slightly veiny wrapper, dry and very smooth to the touch. Love a closed foot cigar.

2) Pre-light Construction: A solid cigar with no soft spots.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Even burn, solid smoke production, and did not need a purge, but did one anyway, and the ash hung in there tenaciously.

4) Flavor and strength – I know some like the 3rds style of description, but let’s face it, I wasn’t paying close enough attention to do it that way. Supposedly this is a “full-bodied” cigar, maybe, I didn’t see it that way. It was a bit unusual for me though, it began with flavors I did not readily identify, but later came to consider calling in buttery. Hints of cinnamon and vanilla seemed to be present throughout, white pepper would weave in every once in a while, and some cedar notes seem to ephemerally hang in the background. I liked the fact that the flavor profile continued to schwaffle around, no stagnation here!

5) Aftertaste/Finish: I enjoyed the finish, as it also seemed the change every few puffs. It was never heavy, but it seemed to fade from creamy, to earthy, to caramelly.

6) Aroma: I enjoyed the aroma of this cigar. Seemed almost like baking cookies at times, with hints of pepper. I know, strange. But I calls ‘em as I sees ‘em.

7) General Comments: Thankfully, I have another one of these to try. After I wrote the above notes up, I thought I’d look to see if there were any reviews out there. Nope! OK, no place that I found except at Cigar Federation. I have never purchased cigars from them, I might have to look into some of their blends and consider that. Also found out the history of the name and the blend. I guess I could get vanilla ice cream out of it, not what I would expect to taste, but that might have been a good way to describe the first things I was tasting.

Whatever else, this was a great smoke, I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks Bob, for a great smoke.

8) Recommendation: From the first one of these, sure, I’d have another!