View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #391
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are you roasting today?

Did my first two roasts out in the garage. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I'll continue to explore this and see the different results I get.
First roast was 2.2oz of a Mexican Chiapas

I'm guessing since the popper was cold, it took longer for first crack, about 7-8 minutes. I kept it going until the 12 min mark and achieved this color. I"m using a Popaire 2 popper. I don't think this has the wattage of the Poppery II's. Combine that with the cooler ambient temp and I think that's why it took so long to reach this stage. The color is actually a bit darker than what it shows in the pic.

Did another batch, 2.3oz of Burundi Gacokwe. This one hit first crack at just over 5 minutes probably due to the popper being warmed up. I took this one to 9 min total.

We'll see how they taste tomorrow, then start tweaking the roasting times. If the taste of the beans themselves is any indication, I'm going to like them both.