Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Support/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by azherfer View Post
One other thing I like to mention to people is another angle that may actually be the cause of sleep apnea in men, and that is low testosterone levels. I had my checked just prior to my bypass surgery and I didn't even register on the chart. The side affects of low testosterone and sleep apnea are eerily similar. My PC physician warned me years ago that it was low and stupidly I ignored him and my sleep apnea, weight gain, and other issues may have come from that.

I now take testosterone injections weekly and my physical being has changed completely. I sleep well, I have boundless energy, my metabolism is perfect, and my sex life has improved dramatically.

I would offer to anyone the suggestion that at your next appointment, have the doctor order a T-panel and see what your level is. After the age of 30, your T-count starts dropping rapidly as the body starts producing less.
I didn't have my testosterone tested, but I will say without any hesitation that my sex drive is monumentally higher than it was before I started on the CPAP. It wasn't quite driven home to me until I woke up one morning after starting the CPAP and was surprised when I realized how long it had been since my last morning wood. That was before I started exercising and lost the weight, leading me to attribute it to the treatment rather than anything else.