View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #1059
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Like i said last week, I smoked four racks for my trip to the Smokies, and I taste tested one bone,
and was just itchin for another taste. I would not have frozen them if I had realized that i had
started a tradition the previous year. We ate ribs the first night after everyone had been
travelling and had arrived at the cabin. I figured no one would want to eat after being on the
road, so I froze them for much later in the week. Well I ended up re-heating them the first night,
and I cut up all 4 racks. And as expected, I ended up with about two racks of cut up ribs uneaten,
and I was a tad pissed about it but not actually pissed. Well my brother in law comes in the next day and
he was freaking out over the taste. They WERE my best ribs ever, but he just went on and on
about how he would pay top dollar for them on any day of the year. Hehe. makes a cook feel good.
And like I said, they had the best flavor inside the meat that i had achieved to that point. And every
day as we would make all of our various sandwiches for the hike that day, I just sliced the cold meat
off of a few bones and plopped it on a sammich with some mayo and cold beans. man, talk about
a good sammich.

Wed morning we hiked up to Mt. LeConte, and I am not kidding when i say it almost killed me, but i took
breaks all the way up the mountain and i survived. Coming down was so much better, but by that time,
my shins and toes and ankles were screaming for it to be over, but there were miles and miles to go.
the next day I felt a hundred percent better, but now, days after, i am hurting, lol. Hiked about 35 miles
over the week. MAN I LOVE THE SMOKIES.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote