View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
kickerb

Default Xikar Tech Torch Lighter Modification

So, I like the look of this lighter. Actually, I like everything about this lighter. But, for some reason, my torch flame has just not been very powerful. Often times it will just go out. I finally got tired of this and decided to investigate

Even with the bottom fuel knob maxed out, the flame was not strong.

1 - On the bottom fuel knob there is a small phillips screw.
2 - Take the screw out.
3 - Pull up on the fuel knob and lift it all the way off.
4 - Now you will see the actual fuel gauge. You can turn that up way further than the fuel knob was allowing. This is because of a notch on the body of the lighter. On the under side of the fuel knob you will see plastic walls that will prevent the fuel knob from being turned up too much.
5 - At this point there are a couple options. You could break off the small notch on the body (actually I would just file it down). After reassemble, the fuel knob will have free range of motion to turn up the lighter or down, as you please. The other option is to set the actual fuel level to desired strength. Then replace the fuel knob so that you can still increase and still decrease the flame (this is what i did).

Bottom line, the fuel knob is designed to limit how high and low the flame can be set, but it is limited depending on how the assembler put it together.

That all make sense? Either way, it has made my lighter WAYYYYY better!