View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ideas for camping trip meal.

Sorry, I'm o way to Wyoming, and Dutch oven recipes are on desktop computer in Bama. But, Dutch oven Pizza is easy. If interested, let me know, and I'll try to bang out the recipe on this tiny phone keyboard!

Hard to beat "hobo dinners", what others are calling "foil pouch meals". Almost anything goes. But secret is in folding up correctly so no steam escapes. Otherwise, you end up with charcoal instead of a meal. Peach cobbler? Simple. Melt butter in bottom of Dutch oven. Pour in a box of jiffy yellow cake mix. Pour in a 16-20 oz can of cheap canned peaches. Cheap peaches have more liquid. Stir. Sprinkle a little cinimmon on top. Put lid on oven. Put oven over 4-6 hot charcoals. Pile the top of oven with 20-30. Wait 15 minutes. For more cobbler, use 2 boxes of Jiffy, 2 cans of peaches.

How about a simple ice cream? In ice cream canister, pour in a two liter orange soda. Add one can of sweeten condensed milk. Crank it up til frozen. Sounds too simple???? You will be floored by the taste and simplicity. Try it with Grapico (grape soda). Or, root beer. A single two-liter bottle to a single can of SCM. All there is to it. No eggs or milk to heat, and chill. Ingredients don't require refrigeration beforehand! Great for camping...... As long as you have ice and a hand cranked maker!