ODLS1
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
ODLS1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
This thread...I oughta...

I mentioned a week ago I am getting into bourbon again. I am also a scotch guy, and it has been my whiskey of choice for a while. A few months ago I was invited to a friends house for a poker game, and bourbon was the drink of choice. I'm very happy I went, because I found a love for bourbon again.

Over the course of the last week, I've read this thread (sheer awesomeness BTW) along with some other online info to help me make good choices for my purchases. Here's my current stash:
Woodford Reserve
Knob Creek
Eagle Rare (10)

Not listed is a recently polished off bottle of Bulleit.

The excitement for the release of the BTAC got the better of me, and I called my local liquor store to ask if they had any George T. Stagg. Luckily, they just got "a couple" bottles in today, and they're holding one for me. He said $60, which sounds like a good price, but this is the first time I'm venturing into a limited bourbon, so IDK.

I'm headed there now to pick it up. Will probably pick up another bottle while there, either Evan Williams SB, or Van Winkle 12. If not, I may pick out something else.

I don't know if I should thank you guys or not??!?!!
Get it. If they have Van Winkle 12, get that too. What the hell, I swear the BTAC is more expensive here than any other place. $75 here. Granted good bourbon here is like gold. Van Winkle demand has skyrocketed the past year. People ask for it year 'round now. When we do get it, it's gone in a couple days.
ODLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote