View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #37
falconman515
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Chris
Trading: (35)
JL
falconman515 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue View Post
Wow Chris, that looks great man. We truly appreciate you documenting step-by-step progress on your wineador. That's a lot of great information for those of us trying to do the same thing. I love how you added the handles to the cedar trays.

Forrest isn't going anywhere, so whenever you save up for his trays, he will definitely take great care of you. In the meantime, enjoy your creation...great job
Thanks so much bro! Ya forums helped me so much in building my cooler and the couple build threads I found were very helpful.... so I decided as being a new guy and doing this I was gonna document my progress from beginning to end and make as many good notes and details to help out more future BOTL looking to go this route.

Ya I got the handles idea from a picture I saw on a forum who did the same thing to their trays (they had black ones though) and I thought with leaving the chrome shelves in there that you can still see and with the brushed nickel handle on the door... I tried to find a handle that closely matched the front door handle. Plus having the handles on there makes it very easy to "Well Handle" (LOL) when taking the trays in and out.

I was gonna get some drawers but didn't have the money to do so so I decided just being new and not having to many smokes that I would start small so I went with these.... but ya I can fill these trays up to around 200 or so smokes so ones of these days If I can reach that and need more room I'm just gonna go balls out and order a full 6 drawer set up with false bottom from Forrest and have 3 times storage then.

Thanks again brother for the compliment and I really hope this thread helps out a future new brother in making the switch over to a wineador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
How many sticks do you estimate that this will hold Chris? I went looking at wine coolers today but the one you ordered looks like the best deal so far especially with the warranty.
Wit the trays all depending on size of cigars I can fit about 13-15 from left to right 2 layers high...... So in total on average I can fit 28.... but if they around robusto toro size I have room behind them to fit about 8 cigars laying horizontally.

So in total on average for each tray all depending on size and RG I can fit around 30-32 smokes give or take!

So with having 7 trays total in my cooler I will have room to fit about 200-225 smokes (Like I said give or take but really no less than 200 for sure).

Now the goal is just to try and fill them up

The trays work great for sure to start and if your cigars are singles and under 200 then they are the cheapest way to go for sure! But I have a feeling I will exceed that one of these days hopefully and when that happens I will be giving Forrest a call!

But ya go with the NewAir bro.... the price is hands down Unbeatable and the quality and looks are top notch. check out my warranty and price right up on this unit for further details as well on the best price and best way to warranty this unit for cheap!

Last edited by falconman515; 10-24-2011 at 02:03 AM.
falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote