View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Almst had my first B&M experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
So, I live in a small town. Well, 6 miles out from a small town. The "B&M" shop here is essentially a place that sells pot pipes, sex novelties, and has a small walk in humidor. The humidor is laughable at best. For a LONG time, I've wanted to visit a REAL brick and mortar shop, to see what most of you on here have actual access to.

This past weekend, I took my kids down to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for an overnight hotel stay, then Chuck E Cheese and a small shopping spree at Toys R Us in Maple Grove. Which just so happened to be within a few minutes from Tobacco Grove. So after the kids' fun, I stopped in for a peek.

To be honest, I didn't want to leave. There were people in there that actually knew about and liked to talk about cigars! (Fun fact: I've never been to a herf either, so being able to talk cigars with other people in person was a great experience). But alas, the gf and kids were waiting in the car, so I was out in 10 minutes. Picked up a 2011 Viaje Holiday Blend robusto, 2012 Holiday Blend torp, a viaje Skull and Bones Little Boy (1st release), Tat Black petit lancero, and the guy in the humidor talked me into trying the new Cain F lancero tubo.

After leaving, went to a liquor store, picked up a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive, 6 pack of Bell's Hopslam, and a bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 12-12-12, none of which I can get in my small town liquor store.

SO I''ve made it a point to actually get down there by myself sometime, and really visit a B&M or 2, and spend enough time for a smoke or 2.

To those that have an actual B&M shop nearby, consider yourselves lucky. I wish there was an escape like that around here for me to support.
Glad that you were able to do this. I am lucky that I have a number of B&M's nearby and I try to patronize each of them when I can -- in order to keep them around.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote