View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: College: transfer or stay?

One thing you might want to double check, I know the GI Bill covers up to 100% of tuition equivalent to that of a public institution in that state, but in order to get in state tuition, you might have some residency requirements that could differ from state to state.

So if you are currently a resident of Michigan and want to go to Alabama, you might want to confirm your GI Bill funds will cover everything. If you do not qualify for in state tuition, that could help you make your decision.

Now in terms of transferring, I know when I look at job candidates, education is a big part of it. Now it may not matter for all jobs, but it definitely doesn't hurt to have graduated from a top university in the country. If it is something you are interested in, I would apply and if you get in, then you have to make the tough decision.

Also, I have no idea if it is more expensive to live near WMU versus UoM versus UoA - but I would definitely consider the quality of life. I know where I went to school rent was through the roof, so I racked up a lot of debt outside of tuition when I was in college.

Last edited by montecristo#2; 12-04-2011 at 04:29 PM.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote