Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchwartz View Post
The first book drags a little in the beginning, mostly because he seems to be setting everything up for the rest of the series. If you can get half way through the first book the last half is outstanding and will make you want to keep reading.

My wife is really enjoying not paying for HBO now (more shoes for her) so I know it's going to be tough to get her to sign up again. I'm going to have to pick my battles here. I've been debating whether to pick up the NHL package or wait and see if I can get her to subscribe to HBO again.
Patience and Netflix go a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolomon View Post
Like many of the Sci Fi series, I lost interest waiting for the next book to come out. This is one of several series that I started and no longer remember which books I have and haven't read. The books were good and I want to get back to the series at some point in future. Now where is that last WoT book?
Yeah, I gave up on reading any series books. Had it happen too many times where the last book never comes out and you're just left hanging.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote