View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #19
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Johnny-O Corona Gorda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Well, I would personally care to know if Cuban or not as that is what they are purported to be and that is the product I am expecting. Would you buy boxes of Cubans, risk shipment to your home, and not care what was in it? If they were supposed to be "who cares", that would be different.

As it relates to how they get to Collins v. cigars in your mailbox, two vastly different concepts here that can't be related.
One involves a box or two of cigars in a discrete package.
Have you ever seen a bundle of tobacco? Like to see how that will fit in a mailbox and just how dumb one expects our Homeland department to be.
Not to hijack....but

Point #1-
There is no risk in shipment, so you are really just talking taste....correct? As far as I know, these are legal cigars rolled in the United States with tobacco leafs from who knows where. I had a tasty cigar....if it is actually Cuban tobacco, great....if not, great.... Again, could not care less....as I am very satisfied with the product and would buy again. I honestly didn't come in with the thought that I need to be buying Cuban tobacco or I am going to be fired up. I did not expect them to arrive with a Habanos stamp or whatever.

I had the opportunity to pick up some US rolled cigars that could be tasty, at a nice price and I pulled the trigger. In the end, I don't have some hang up that if I am smoking anything other than Cuban tobacco, I am smoking inferior product. I buy cigars to try and if I like them, I try to buy more... I don't care where the leaf was grown.

I guess, in conclusion on this point... Someone could tell me that they were going to give me an unlimited amount of unbanded Cuban leaf cigars that were 100% authentic, but rolled in the United States. When I smoked said cigars, I thought they were great and was pleased. I don't want testing on the leaf to confirm the soil it came from...I smoke it for what it is....rolled up leafs that we call a cigar. People can call it whatever the Hell they want....I'll call it a nice cigar.

If someone likes a cigar, but changes their mind after finding out where it was grown, or they think a cigar is average and the it becomes better, after finding out where it was grown.....well....

Point #2 -
Bundles of tobacco leave Cuba correct? Bundles of tobacco come into the USA correct? So making those bundles appear to be something other than a bundle from Cuba seem almost easy to me... I assume the leaf doesn't have small pics of Fidel that show up under black light or something....

I don't know....I don't deal in trade of tobacco leaf or know anything about the business. But it seems that if other shops outside of Cuba are getting leaf to do custom rolls, it would not be hard to forward that to the US for a price and do them here....as we are talking about limited numbers.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote