View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #949
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post
What's the best/cheapest way to get into photography? I have a Canon 590IS, and I love taking pictures. I just lose any type of quality when the lighting is not Ideal. I love taking sports photos, but the action is usually too fast, and not enough light.

Can I get a decent lens to put on my 590 IS(a), or am I better off getting a DSLR(b)? I know option B will cost me much more than A.

Any insight is apreciated.
Actually its more likely the lens would cost more than the body. Im pretty sure you cant interchange lenses with your particular camera. An entry level DSLR with kit lens (or two if you find a package) Canons T1i with 18-55 is a great setup the other way to go is the Nikon D5000 route Both in the $800 range. Its really a matter of preference. Most guys here are canon fans and really they are great either way IMO. Canon is cheaper in the long run.

If you are looking for point and shoot most of them don't perform great in low light. An easy way around this is to use a tripod.