crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa View Post
So there is a way to mark where you were, great. I envisioned a wheel that just spun, with no way of marking a spot that gets you what you want.

Seeing as I will be getting the machine in the spring, what is my best method, in your opinion, of making espresso without a machine; the stove top method?

I don't see myself getting into roasting, but then I did not see myself with 2 vino temps and attempting to build a walk-in humidor either when I had a 10 cigar Thompsons special humi before meeting you people on CS many years ago...lol. So time will tell on that one.

Wanted to get it started, and feel I got the basics; good grinder and drip brewer.

Thanks again. Must have spent about 5 hours reading about this over the weekend...lol.
Ok, took some pics of the dial and wish I hadn't. Macro really shows how bad the paint job was and how dirty my grinder is!

Anway, the first one shows the worm drive and the dial with numbers that you can see as you turn...

The next one shows my kindergarden markings that, on the left, the small dot is my absolute zero, or where the burrs begin to touch.

Next, the black lines show a full number incremement. The big white line is 1.5 from zero, which is my sweet spot for espresso. I have no idea who said that 2.5 is the sweet spot on Macaps for espresso, but many seem to think it is. Not for me, and I think Vic either if I remember correctly. Vic??