View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #2458
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

This shot represents all that is stupid in me. Is it a great shot? You damn right it is.
But its everything that came AFTER this shot that makes it part of just a stupid, stupid
weekend of shooting.

I should have come back with 1500 shots and easily 200 real winners.
But fully half of my haul is virtually useless. If I was building up a stockpile of pics that
were little memories, the pics would serve. But I was not shooting for me, I was shooting
for fun and profit. Half my shots being grainy and noisy was NOT part of the plan.
But I left Memphis too early, got to New Orleans too early, and didn't have enough light for
2/3 of the time I was there shooting. And even then, had I screwed the right lens on the D200,
I could have achieved my goal. Instead I wrong-headedly chose the 10-20 wide angle, which is
just SOOOoo SLoooow. I KNOW BETTER! And yet I did it anyway because I love the field of view
the wide angle gives me and that clouded my judgement. But at least I have ONE RULE I stick by.
Always walk around with TWO CAMERAS. I had a 18-55 kit lens on the D90, but the quality of the
camera saved my a55. And apparently the 18-55 is not a bad lens at all.

You can read all about it in my blog entry for this shot. at the link below.

Still, its a A55-KICKING shot I think. Those High-Pressure Sodium lights combined with that fog
make that bridge look like its on FIRE.

Last edited by OLS; 04-29-2013 at 07:00 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote