View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #245
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
How do you like that Resilience, Mark? Is it the medium traction G10? What do you think of the 8cr13mov steel? Is it one that will be hard to sharpen and hold an edge, or not hold an edge but be easier to sharpen? Chipping? FFG= cool. I don't have any Spydercos, and might want to jump in the shallow end of their pool without going nuts. At 40-ish dollars, affordable, and worth it?
I have liked their designs for many years, just never taken the plunge.
Its great. It fits what i was looking to do with the boxes and what not. The 8cr13mov will rust on you if you dont keep it wiped wown with rem or 3in1 oil. Im in florida and it doesnt get much more humid and ive only had an issue with one of my 8cr13mov knives. Avoid saltwater like the plague. So far with the minor things ive used it for edge retention is decent. Its very easy to sharpen. and for ~$40 for a knife with a 4+ inch blade id say you cant beat it if your looking into spydies. The G10 i would say is light to medium if you get sweaty hands it will lock in better. comes out fast and locks up strong.

Ill tell you what, if you do buy it and you dont like it ill buy it from you.

How badass would I be dual wielding resiliences?!