not wrapped too tight....

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
RyJ
LooseCard will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I have a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface_313 View Post
Well, I used regular old Silicone that I purchased from Home Depot. Sealed the top, and the hygro hole like I said. Noticeable difference when I allow the lid to close on its own it does not just slam shut.

The reason I did this was because summer months my humi held a steady 65-67%. Now come winter the RH has dropped below 60%. I do not like my smokes that dry, burn to fast/to hot/ and I don't like the flavors at that point. I am using 8 Oz of Scott's beads but the seal is to unreliable for that to even matter.

I'm thinking I may just need to scarp this humi all together and spend the money on quality. Like everyone says, why spend the money on good smokes but not on assuring they stay healthy? Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality 100-150 count Humi(or maybe even bigger)? One of my other problems, is that I am using the $7 digital Hygro from walmart. I did the salt test with 3 of them, same container, same amount of time, and variations of 18% on RH. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good reliable Hyrgro?
Your Humi will be fine. Don't panick so much.
Just give the Silicone time to cure, and you'll be back at it. Now, you have the cooler as your 'main' storage, and your Humi can be for the 'front line' for those that going to be smoked soon. this will allow the cooler smokes to rest, and you will still have some handy for your ready-need smoking pleasure.

Can you tune the Hygrometer? I know Radio Shack sells them for about $20, which isn't bad. I'm just suprised at one being 18 points off!