View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
TheRuckus13

Default Re: Yay, another slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Keep on keeping on! Pipes can be frustrating when you first start, but trust me- you WILL be rewarded!!
Smoke some more, vary your technique of puffing, trade out the tobaccos you don't like for others. Its very similiar to starting with cigars. We all had to learn how to toast, puff enough to keep it lit but not too much to hotbox the thing! You'll get it in no time!
Well, I was so displeased with my first bowl. I almost immediately grabbed up my second pipe (Washington) and packed a bowl of Frog Morton instead. This time I ignored the videos warning you over and over not to pack the bowl too tight which was making me paranoid and just packed it the way I felt it should be packed. I got probably 4x the tobacco in than I did the Diplomat which is almost twice as big and the draw was still loose, so I don't know how people over pack a pipe. I did have to relight the pipe about every 5-10 minutes but other than that it smoked pretty well. The Frog Morton has way way more Latakia in it which is what I don't like but the FM blend imo is way sweeter, so it just worked out better. Hopefully some day I can get my hands on some money and get a blend that has no Latakia.