View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #32
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Vinotemp Runs Constantly

One problem from my experience is that Cigar Oasis, they are not dependable and because they actively spray mist (be it very very light and thin it is still mist) the hygro does not read from anywhere but the immediate area. I have an Edgestar 28 (I agree with MarcusWheat, they are all low bid chinese built) and the temp holds a steady 65-67 but I have been working on the humidity. I think I am close now but have gone up 1/2 pound at a time on beads from 1.5 pounds to now using 2.5 pounds. I live in a moderate humidity climate. I am using Scott's beads, I really like his containment system on them. Following his instructions I have raised them to maintaining 68% so as not to get too low with the swings that are a part of wine cooler humis and 2 Oust fans also but not sure how much good they do with such limited volume. When I open the door it shoots up to 70-71% but simmers back down in only a few minutes. I am using It is a hit and miss process to find what works in your situation, one problem I have never had is high humidity levels.

Just be patient with it and keep experimenting. Also most people seem to load the bottom of the cooler with beads. Water sinks in air so doing this does not make a lot of fundamental weather sense. I have moved 1/2 pound bead bags around and found best results with one at each level top to bottom. Trial and Error.

Last edited by captain53; 08-21-2009 at 08:33 AM.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote