View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #4088
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Jeff I have never liked any camera phone shot I have seen, in terms of crispness and contrast, but I think its so
completely relative that people talk themselves into believing that its good because its BETTER than their old phone
(and it usually is). But I hope no one ever upgrades their phone solely for the photos. I think you could do pretty well
with a micro 4/3 camera, because in the end its really the size of the sensor that gives you that definition and resolution.
Until you get to an inch, it seems to me that its all tricks, gimmicks and promotio-ganda. I have fallen for all of it,
though thankfully never at retail, always used. I am guessing there are rules in these venues that either say
"NO PRO CAMERAS" or "NO LARGE LENS CAMERAS." My mother bought me Popular Photography for a year,
which I begged her not to do (fixed income) but they are giving magazines away nowadays, so I doubt she
paid much over $15, but I did not want to read about the newest and best, and I did not care to read about how
the pros shoot cats. But there was a camera in there this month that might be the perfect stealth camera.
I see on the website that the review materials are a month behind so I will have to check the actual magazine
at home and get back on it. You might not even care. But it seemed to check all the impossible boxes on ISO
performance and photo quality. The more I read about how it fared the more impossible I thought it
sounded.

I think its a Panasonic since it had a Leica lens.......ahh...found it. Well, never mind, its $900, lol.
Of COURSE its awesome. But it has a VERY SENSIBLE MP count for a larger than normal sensor and
has some really nice retro controls and looks like a joe-schmo camera.
Very deceptive exterior, VERY nice photos. Only drawback? It doesn't make phone calls.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_camera.html

Last edited by OLS; 12-08-2014 at 07:06 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote