View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #84
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Your opinion - Most overhyped cigar line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
The above "ad" will serve to illustrate my comments below:

Just who is it that is over-hyping cigars like the Tat Mummy? Is it the manufacturer? (that Would be over-hype - or maybe just damn good use of advertising dollars). Or, is this simply the market excitement by the end buyers (hopeful buyers?) that is generating the hype and prices? If it's market reaction, not manufacturer generated, is this the fault of the cigar and/or manufacturer? And should the cigar and the manufacturer be dragged through the proverbial mud because the market (not the manufacturer) has built up expectations that are not "lived-up-to" in the minds of the individuals that do not like them, or that do not like Tats in general?????? This is the Issue I have with this thread. Is this really about Over-hype, or is this about "picking a cigar you hate/dislike/don't really care for, and bashing it"? If the hype is market generated by the purchasers/smokers that really like Tats (or Gurkhas, or NC Cohibas, or Beehives...etc), then can it be said that all this thread is really about is basically bashing other smokers for their choices, NOT bashing the manufacturer for over-billing the cigar. If this thread is about the manufacturer over-hyping the cigars, then care should be taken that the over-hype being slammed is actually from the manufacturer, and not that which is generated by the buying public!

The AF Opus X and Anejo's are other prime examples. These sell out fast, and at premium prices because there is a perceived "greatness about these in the marketplace. Hell, Fuentes doesn't even really need to advertise them, do they???? This is MARKET generated. And if it is generated by the people that ARE willing to pay the price, and that DO enjoy them, is it hype, or just their honest opinion? And a honest opinion IS NOT HYPE! While the FFOX may be rabidly sought and enjoyed by many here, I'm sure there are many that read this thread that would place the FFOX and the Anejos in the over-hyped category.

I know it's probably just me and my thought process, but I just feel that this is a thread that serves no purpose except for allowing for backdoor bashing of smokers that enjoy cigars that others do not! And while I'm sure the bashing is not meant to be personal by the posters, it is still out there hitting on everyone that actually like Gurkhas.... Or Tats..... Or Beehives...... Or Davidoffs..... Or FFOX..... Or any of the other cigars mentioned.

Just an opposing "Opinion" on the whole of the thread!

Last edited by SvilleKid; 10-16-2012 at 03:12 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote