View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #10
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What a morning, the worst thing I've had to do

I know what you're going through. When my son was two, we had to take him into the hospital for a checkup. Since he wasn't potty trained yet, and they needed a urine sample, they had to catheterize him. The first time the nurse tried, she used a catheter that was too big in diameter, which she figured out after she got it in about a 1/2 inch. The second time she did it right, but the other end slipped out of the collection bag, so she had to do it a 3rd time. At this point I looked at her and said if you don't get it right this time, we were leaving. I now I can get a little loud when I'm upset, and she told me to calm down. I almost lost it. I am having to hold my little boy down, so this clown can "practice" medicine.
The only amusing part of this story for me, is that when we had to go back in two days later, because my son hadn't had a wet diaper for 2 days, I am sure due to the discomfort that he had down there, as soon as the Dr. took off his diaper, he started going. Literally scared the pi$$ out of the young boy.
So yes, I do know how you feel, and I swear it shortens my life everytime I have had to do something like this.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote