Old 03-20-2020, 05:00 AM   #1679
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Show your latest NC purchase IV

I think a trade is due! I would love to try out the AJF 601’s since AJF is probably my favorite overall blender at the moment although to be fair, between Casa Fernandez, AJF, Don Pepin rolled including Pete Johnson’s, Illusione, and whomever rolls all the Ezra Zion, BLTC, and Warped, so much good stuff!

Not to mention that in the last five years or so, some great Dominican cigars have been created! I must say, it’s a great time for cigars!

PM me your address to make sure I have it and let’s do a trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Yeah I agree some of the CLE I had was nothing particularly special, but something about their Corojo blend struck me...I think it's just that for my palate, it has a near perfect balance of corojo pepper/spice to flavor. That said, I'm always in the market for a really nice corojo blend so if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ear....eyes.

And yeah for me ultimately the 601 Steels have been *really* affordable at cigarauctioneer (don't use cbid anymore thanks to the Ohio excise tax) but also, I assume to them not being as popular, I've been getting some slightly older stock as well (the box I just pictured is from 2016!).

About the 601s in general - I've heard how much better they were when rolled at DPG factories, almost mythical, if you will! But on the other side of the coin, I've also heard the tragic stories about the move to RP and the utter crapola that factory cranked out. However!!! With all of that in consideration, or even ignored, the truth is that today? Today I've been consistently enjoying the 601 line and to my knowledge, they are coming out of AJF's factory (San Lotano I think?) I can't say that they are as good as some of my super-premium cigars but when I want a really satisfying full bodied smoke for a fair price, 601s are always a consideration.

Actually come to think of it, sometime soon we should initiate another trade Dave. I've come across some new full bodied stuff that I definitely think you'd dig (Sinistro Last Cowboy Maduro specifically) and I could also toss in a couple of the newer 601s just to see what you think!

@ Todd Yeah I remember you mentioning in the sampler you sent about the Edem being extremely consistent! Plus, I was actually born in 1981 so if it is even *remotely* consistently awesome as I am? I suspect I'm in for a treat.