View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro

Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro

Origin: Honduras
Length: 6.00
Ring: 54
Strength: Medium
Wrapper Color: Dark Brown
Wrapper Type: Costa Rica
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua
Shape: Pyramid Square Pressed
Duration: 70 minutes
Beverage: Diet Pepsi

Construction: This has a milk chocolate wrapper. It was very appealing to the eye. It was smooth with a few noticable veins.

Burn: The burn was excellent. It required one minor touch-up. It first ashed at 1 inch, then about every 1/2 - 3/4 inch after that. This cigar burned pretty slow.

Smoke: This cigar gave off a ton of thick smoke.

Flavor
1st Third:
Very leathery, dry taste filled my mouth. Not complex at all. Wondering how I'm gonna finish this stick. Not digging it at all.

2nd Third:
Leathery taste begins to fade and a faint hint of light cocoa hits my palate. Not overwhelming, but enough to knock the dry, leathery taste away.

Last Third:
Cocoa becomes more prevelant and the leather taste is gone. Reminds me of a dark chocolate Hersey bar. Hints of sweet and bitter blend very nicely.

Conclusion: I didn't expect much from this value maduro. It surprised me. I try hard not to compare value maduros to one of my favorite value sticks...Tampa Sweetheart #500s. After the initial push, this stick turned out to be not bad at all. I would definetly call this a mild cigar...more mild than I perfer my maduros. A great value stick and very affordable. I would burn this stick while cutting the grass, but not sitting down to enjoy a stick for the evening.