View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #114
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Mac's Apple Pie Shine

With the holidays fast approaching, a good supply of pie shine is a necessity! Which has got me thinking about ways to tweak the recipe... and I'm pretty sure mac has already tried a number of things, so here's a few questions for ya!

As the recipe stands now, I calculated it to be roughly 13% - 14% ABV

1) What would be the affect of using 2gal of cider instead of 1gal cider and 1gal apple juice?

2a) How about doubling the everclear and leaving all else constant - would the apple flavor get too watery?

2b) If one started with more apple mixture and cooked it down slowly until some evaporated, would the resulting more potent apple mixture offset the increased everclear content?

3) Ever try leaving the cinnamon sticks in the bottle of everclear for about a month prior to making the batches?