View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #64
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Last night, I made a 4.85 standing rib roast. I had two ribs and I think was 4-7 rib cut? Stop and Shop had them on sale for $4.99 an lb!

I cooked this in the WSM with nothing in the water pan. I think it is better for chicken and beef without water as it's too hard to get a crust on something that only cooks two hours with a water pan. The roast came out really good. Pulled it off at 125 degrees. I am not expert in choking the heat so much without water. I was worried it may go out, but with beef, it does not have to be in the smoke zone really. The same with chicken too.
MMMMMmmm... beef!!! I love doing prime rib on the smoker. I usually sear them first on a hot grill and them throw then on the smoker.