View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How many Michael Jackson jokes have you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
To be completely honest, I normally would agree with the poor taste, but there are a few things that I find completely and utterly unforgivable, and Child Molestation is one of them. There is no excuse, even psycological problems, for that.

If you believe that he never did those things (heard a few people say this), then you are absolutely living pie in the sky with your rose colored glasses, paying a family $20 million may not convict him but it proves that the MANY claims were true.

So you know that to be true? For a fact?

In 1993: no criminal charges filed - lack of strong enough evidence
In 2005: found not guilty on all charges in a jury trial

Have you read anything about the accusations in 1993? About the family and their alleged motives? How about the 2005 People v Jackson case? About the contradictory testimony given by the alleged victims?

Settling out of court proves nothing but an attempt at avoiding a long drawn out trial in which much more money would have been spent in lawyers fees. I'm inclined to believe that if the alleged molestation occurred the family would simply not be satisfied with a monetary settlement and would not rest until justice was served.

But I'm not trying to convince you, you've made up your mind. As have I until the time if/when more evidence comes to light. Go ahead and believe what you want but don't tell people that they are naive just because they disagree with your assessment of the situation.